Join our team as a Principal Power Systems Engineer, in a fast-growing Northern California consulting and systems integration company. Seeking experienced candidates with knowledge of Eastern Interconnection and ERCOT transmission systems.
This is an opening for a Principal Power Systems Engineer for a fast-growing, multi-state, small technology business in the energy industry. You will work remotely in our casual and fun team setting to provide consulting to utilities and power producers. Responsibilities will include interconnection studies for renewable resources that seek grid interconnection.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered.
- BS Degree in EE with emphasis on Power Systems Analysis.
- Professional Engineering License.
- Ten years of experience in T&D grid planning in North America.
- Knowledge of the Eastern Interconnection and ERCOT transmission systems.
- Extensive experience with Load Flow analysis, Short Circuit and Transient Stability Studies.
- Five years of consulting experience.
- Knowledge of these Power Systems analysis tools and their associated models including (in the order of priority):
- Experience with resource interconnection studies (e.g., for renewable generation and storage).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
The following qualities are desired and will be used to differentiate the applicants:
- MS or PhD Degree in EE with emphasis on Power Systems Analysis.
- Experience working at a utility company.
- Supervision skills.
- Familiarity with utility industry software, standards and programming languages such as, CymeDist, SynerGee, Milsoft Windmill, EPRI DEW, OpenDSS, GridLabD, Utility Common Information Model (CIM), Multispeak, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) especially ESRI or SmallWorld, Python, Java, Julia, C++, GitHub or other version control software, XMLSpy, Relational databases like Oracle or MySQL and Eclipse IDE.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume here, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the position title in the subject line. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact us. And please, no phone calls or unsolicited service offers.
About GridBright, Inc.
GridBright, an Inc500 company, ranks among the fastest growing companies in America in 2018. We specialize in consulting and computer applications in the electric utility industry and help the electric power industry minimize power outages and accommodate more renewable energy. We are a virtual company headquartered in Northern California with clients and employees spread throughout the US. We are an employee owned company with a pro-employee culture. GridBright management team is highly experienced and have worked together in multiple successful startups.