Work as a part-time power systems analyst with our experienced team of engineers and researcher on a number of innovative research projects.
GridBright has an opening for a part-time Power Systems Analyst Intern reporting to the Executive Vice President. Work remotely, with our experienced team of engineers and researcher on a number of innovative research projects. Initial responsibility includes performing quality assurance functions to identify and correct errors and omissions in power systems models and powerflow solutions from different analysis packages. The assignment will be to work with and create new and modified models based upon existing models that are available in the BetterGrids Repository.
The candidate should have experience using and running power system analysis in the following software packages:
- OpalRT ePhasorSim
- OpenDSS (desired)
- PowerWorld (desired)
- PSLF (desired)
The following qualities are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position:
- Experience editing and manipulating different model formats for the following analysis packages: GridLabD, OpalRT ePhasorSim.
- Ability to write and manipulate engineering data, including time-series load and generation data in spreadsheets by hand and with macros.
- Basic software development and programming skills in Java and Python.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer focus.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Graduate student in Electrical Engineering with focus on Power Systems.
- Active students working towards Masters, PHD, or post-grad studies.
- Right to work in the US (e.g., US citizen or permanent resident).
How to Apply
Please submit your resume here, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the words ‘Power Systems Analyst’ in the subject line. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact us. And please, no phone calls or unsolicited service offers.
About GridBright, Inc.
GridBright, an Inc500 company, ranks among the fastest growing companies in America in 2018. We specialize in consulting and computer applications in the electric utility industry and help the electric power industry minimize power outages and accommodate more renewable energy. We are a virtual company headquartered in Northern California with clients and employees spread throughout the US. We are an employee owned company with a pro-employee culture. GridBright management team is highly experienced and have worked together in multiple successful startups.