Become a Grid Modernization Principal Consultant in a fast-growing boutique systems integration company specializing in the utility industry.
This is an opening for a Grid Modernization Principal Consultant, reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of Grid Modernization. You can work from your home in our virtual office setting when not at client locations.
You will be forming business and technical strategy, developing technical frameworks, creating business cases for management and regulatory approval, and guiding implementation planning for grid modernization across the electric energy ecosystem. Spanning the domains of smart grid, DER integration, electrification and operational data you will be helping utilities plan, engineer and implement grid modernization plans that increase resiliency, improve cybersecurity, and manage distributed energy resources. Responsibilities will include:
- Lead grid modernization road-mapping, business case development, and implementation planning across the spectrum of electric ecosystem actors and stakeholders.
- Lead multi-level client interviews and facilitate engagement across project stakeholders to gather information and build support for grid modernization plans.
- Facilitate client teams establishing project objectives and managing teams of engineers, consultants, and third-party sub-consultants to achieve established objectives.
- Perform data collection and statistical & engineering analyses in support of client objectives.
- Communicate solutions and recommendations—spanning client planning, engineering, operations and executive management forums—through reports and presentations.
- Perform and manage technical project work as required for grid modernization objective realization.
- Maintain an understanding of advancements in technology and industry innovations which are happening in digitalization, analytics, security, markets, and operational technology within the electric grid marketspace.
- Maintain an understanding of policy and regulatory activities in both Federal and targeted State legislative, regulatory and policy forums.
- Maintain awareness of relevant international initiatives in support of grid modernization.
- Provide detailed fact finding, research, and analysis in Grid Modernization trends and related areas to further support delivery project.
- Develop proposals, work plans, budgets, and schedules for client engagements.
- Create and publish thought leadership supporting the advancement of Grid Modernization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on power engineering.
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience in utility business and technical plan development and execution.
- Extensive knowledge of utility electric distribution planning, engineering, and operations functions and processes.
- Experience in grid operational technologies and grid device integration including SCADA, outage management (OMS), distribution management systems (DMS), distributed energy resource management (DERMS) integration, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), and smart technology applications.
- Effective Project Management skills and proven ability to lead multi-discipline teams of engineers, consultants and analysts.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- General business and financial analysis experience including business modeling, statistical analysis and advanced visualization techniques.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Innovative thinker with a drive to learn and implement new technologies.
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer focus with high standards of professional ethics.
- Right to work in the US (e.g., US citizen or permanent resident).
- MBA in finance or business management.
- Advanced degrees in Engineering with focus on power engineering.
- Experience in regulatory proceeding processes, filings and with a focus on grid modernization.
- Experience with electric grid modeling and analysis programs.
- Experience with utility policies, practices, and procedures, legal guidelines, ordinances, laws, and governmental accounting practices.
- Business development experience.
- Active involvement in Utility industry thought leadership and policy forums.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume here, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the position title in the subject line. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact us. And please, no phone calls or unsolicited service offers.
About GridBright, Inc.
GridBright, an Inc500 company, ranks among the fastest growing companies in America in 2018. We specialize in consulting and computer applications in the electric utility industry and help the electric power industry minimize power outages and accommodate more renewable energy. We are a virtual company headquartered in Northern California with clients and employees spread throughout the US. We are an employee owned company with a pro-employee culture. GridBright management team is highly experienced and have worked together in multiple successful startups.