Opening is for a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Principal Consultant.
This opening is for a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Principal Consultant. You can work from your home in our virtual office setting and will report to the Executive Vice President. You will be providing expert GIS consulting services in advising GridBright’s clients on the use of GIS and geospatial systems and technologies for a variety of project, as part of our team who help electric utilities across the US develop Grid Modernization strategy and will conduct relevant research, data analysis, and report development.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, engineering or computer science.
- One of more relevant certifications Proficiency with ArcGIS Enterprise (Server / Portal) and Server extensions including Insights for ArcGIS, GeoAnalytics Server and GeoEvent Server.
- At least 10 years in implementing Esri based GIS Solutions for Utilities.
- Strong knowledge of GIS, Esri suite of solutions and development experience (web patterns) is required.
- Proficiency in ESRI GIS Applications – ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcObjects.
- Good understanding in ArcSDE with Oracle Database.
- Should have strong knowledge of Esri Utility Data Models that are aligned to the North American standards.
- Familiarity with GIS Product Architecture, of ArcGIS portal, ArcGIS server, Data Model, web services, python scripting, ARX Models.
- Strong command of the English language with good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer focus with high standards of professional ethics.
- Willingness to travel to client sites as needed.
- Right to work in the US (e.g., US citizen or permanent resident).
- Demonstrated Business Development acumen.
- 10 years consulting experience.
- Master’s degree in Geospatial Information Science and Technology (GIST) with bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Geography, or Computer Science.
- Experience of at least 4+ full-cycle implementation for a utility (Power/Gas/Water) with hands on functional and deployment experience in Esri GIS.
- Proficient in .Net programming
- At least 4 years of experience in software development life cycle.
- At least 4 years of experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Multiple years working in the utility industry; preferably at a utility and/or ADMS vendor working with grid management applications.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume here, or send an email to email@example.com, including the position title in the subject line. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact us. And please, no phone calls or unsolicited service offers.
About GridBright, Inc.
GridBright, an Inc500 company, ranks among the fastest growing companies in America in 2018. We specialize in consulting and computer applications in the electric utility industry and help the electric power industry minimize power outages and accommodate more renewable energy. We are a virtual company headquartered in Northern California with clients and employees spread throughout the US. We are an employee owned company with a pro-employee culture. GridBright management team is highly experienced and have worked together in multiple successful startups.