September 16, 2015
GridBright has completed final go-live of an advanced outage management system (OMS) for Mid-Carolina Electric Cooperative (MCEC).
GridBright led the MCEC project team from start to finish, beginning with the review of all current functionality including application configuration, integration and architecture design and setup. GridBright upgraded all functional and technical aspects of the system ultimately supporting the final go-live.
The go-live opens the door for MCEC to integrate additional smart grid functionality with the OMS system. “The MCEC and GridBright team worked seamlessly together over the entire project taking advantage of many of the new features in the latest version of the OMS. The hard work paid off leading to a smooth go-live,” said Keith Sturkie, VP of Information Technology at MCEC.
GridBright drew on its consulting, integration and outage restoration experience at more than 45
- Migrate the geospatial information system (GIS) data;
- Conduct detailed requirement analysis and definition to support business process;
improvement, application modifications and system integration;
- Provide hands-on system configuration and integration services;
- Support system functional testing; and
- Provide training to utility staff to ensure proper use of new functionality offered by the