Are you interested in a engineering consultant position in a fast-growing boutique systems integration company specializing in the utility industry?
This opening is for a Distribution Engineering Principal Consultant, reporting directly to GridBright Chief Engineer, an IEEE Life Fellow. You can work from your home in our virtual office setting. You will be performing engineering and design of overhead and underground systems in varying electrical and environment conditions and work directly with our clients by assisting with developing proposals, work plans, budgets, and schedules. Responsibilities will include:
- Engineering and design for overhead and underground systems in varying electrical and environment conditions, using various client and industry standards
- Apply engineering calculations to various project challenges to develop the most complete, economic, and competent design
- Review and sign/seal engineering packages and reports
- Have direct, positive client interaction on all phases of projects + Lead teams of engineers, designers, field personnel, and drafters to complete projects
- Develop proposals, work plans, budgets, and schedules as well as assist with managing each of these elements
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on power engineering courses
- Ability to attain State of California Professional Engineer (PE) registration or obtain the same within a year via PE registration transfer from another state
- Ten (10) years or more experience performing system design and planning studies of utility distribution systems through direct employment within a utility’s distribution departments, by consulting on distribution planning and design to utilities, or a combination of the two
- Significant knowledge of the design and operation of overhead and underground distribution lines (4 kV through 35 kV)
- Experience with utility standards, NEC, NESC, joint facilities design, compatible units, and construction package development
- Exposure to Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) such as: GE Smallworld and ESRI ArcGIS
- Experience with at least one electrical modeling, loading and analysis programs such as Cyme CYMDIST, DNV Synergi Electric, EDD DEW/ISP, Schneider ArcFM FeederMap, etc.
- Innovative thinker with a drive to learn and implement new technologies
- Strong command of the English language with good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer focus with high standards of professional ethics
- Right to work in the US (e.g., US citizen or permanent resident)
- Experience with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) such as: GE SmallWorld and ESRI ArcGIS
- Experience with multiple electrical modeling, loading and analysis programs
- Advanced degrees in Electric Power Engineering
- State of California Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Electrical Engineering
- Familiarity with metering installation requirements, right of way permitting, policies, practices, and procedures, legal guidelines, ordinances, and laws, and governmental accounting practices
- Business development experience
- Active industry involvement in distribution planning, operations and engineering
How to Apply
Please submit your resume here, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the position title in the subject line. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact us. And please, no phone calls or unsolicited service offers.
About GridBright, Inc.
GridBright, an Inc500 company, ranks among the fastest growing companies in America in 2018. We specialize in consulting and computer applications in the electric utility industry and help the electric power industry minimize power outages and accommodate more renewable energy. We are a virtual company headquartered in Northern California with clients and employees spread throughout the US. We are an employee owned company with a pro-employee culture. GridBright management team is highly experienced and have worked together in multiple successful startups.